I’ve been nominated and have nominated 15 beauty bloggers for these two awards!
Thank you LaFemmeCarmen for the nomination! Her blog is definitely worth checking out if you enjoy beauty/fashion related blogs and she is super friendly!
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you by the lovely that nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers and get them to answer your own questions!
What made you want to start your own blog?
Makeup reviews have helped me so much in terms of not wasting my money on products that are worthless. I thought I could add to those reviews since I’m constantly purchasing makeup (mostly online, hence my blog name). Makeup is a huge hobby of mine, I love purchasing it and telling my friends and family if they should purchase it too. So, blogging for me is expanding that friends circle and sharing my input on different products.
Who’s the most inspirational person in your life?
This is a hard one for me… I can’t just name one.
What language would you like to speak fluently?
French! I live in Canada so that would be very useful. I always laugh when I think about how I studied French for 6+ years (it is mandatory in Canadian schools) but I somehow never learned it.
Tell us one of your beauty secrets!
I don’t think this is a secret, but exfoliation is so important in my beauty regimen. I have to do a mild exfoliation at least every other day so that foundation looks flawless on my skin. I feel like people who start wearing makeup get frustrated by flakiness and the texture of their skin when wearing foundation. If only they knew about proper exfoliation; it is life-changing.
What would you say to a person who’s feeling hopeless about life right now?
I strongly believe that people are on this earth for a reason. I would tell someone who is hopeless about life to find the reason that they are alive and this is different for everyone. When you find the answer to this and follow your path, you will have peace in your life and that hopelessness will disappear.
Are you afraid to sing in front of other people? If yes, why?
Yes. Because I can’t sing and I’m sure everyone will laugh or cover their ears and run.
Do you prefer wearing heels or flats?
Both. I actually only have very high heels or flats- there is no in between like a kitten heel. I also do not own any running shoes, the closest thing I have to a running shoe is a Ryka ballet flat.
1) What is your favorite part of applying makeup?
2) Do you feel that without makeup you lack self-esteem? If so, why?
3) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
4) Name or describe your favorite lipstick color. (Add a picture if possible)
5) If you had to recommend only one beauty product to someone, what would it be?
(Nominees are listed at the end of this post)
The second nomination is from TooMuchMouthWithNoListeners for the Beauty Blogger Award. Her blog is fairly new and about beauty, so definitely check it out!
- State the name of the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- List ten random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
Where are you from?
Why did you start blogging?
*Same answer as the one given above*
What’s your favorite makeup product?
Do you mean a specific product? There is no way I can answer that, it is impossible to choose! So I will instead say mascara.
What’s your favorite makeup brand?
That is such a hard question! I have many favorites, but to just name one: probably e.l.f. because it is so affordable and the quality is amazing. W7 comes in second for the same reason.
What’s your makeup pet peeve?
Over-highlighting the under eyes with a concealer or powder too light for the skin tone.
What’s your favorite food?
Chocolate chip cookies. I’m obsessed.
What’s your favorite TV show?
I have many but if I had to choose, I would say Once Upon a Time right now is one of my favorites.
Trey Songz or David Beckham?
Is makeup a hobby?
Spring! After that long Canadian winter, I feel alive when the weather starts warming up and the plants start growing.
Ten Random Facts:
1. I love aquariums, I have a tropical tank in my room which is worth the hard work.
2. My favorite colors are shades: white, grey, and black. (Also the colors of my room)
3. I always hold the door open for the person behind me. (How can you not?)
4. I had a pet bunny, a stray cat, and a red-eared slider that I gave away to a pond because she wouldn’t stop growing.
5. I like to knit; mostly scarves because they are the easiest.
6. I love and have a big collection of perfumes. Let me know below if you want reviews on them in the comments below.
7. I love baking – mostly chocolate chip cookies.
8. I like to read (mostly novels).
9. I only recently watched all the Harry Potter movies.
10. I hate going to the movie theater. I feel so restricted – I much rather lay on the couch, eat my popcorn and be able to pause for rest room breaks.
How many people have you told about your blog that you know in real life; not online?
How many foundations do you currently own?
What is your favorite eye shadow color? (Add a picture if possible)
On a daily basis how much time do you spend doing your makeup?
What is your favorite makeup brush?
When you walk in a drugstore looking for makeup which brand do you check out first?
What was your first makeup product?
Do you regularly or have you ever self-tanned?
How do you feel about over-drawn lips?
Do you contour on a daily basis?
Nominees for BOTH awards:
…and anyone who wants to do answer these questions!
This was my first post that has not been a product review. I hope through these awards we learn more about each other! Feel free to answer my questions in the comments below, I’d love to hear your answers!